Executive Assistant/Client Services Coordinator
Are you ready to step out of the corporate world, and into an entrepreneurial environment where your exceptional organizational skills and “can-do” attitude can make a meaningful contribution?
Jody Michael Associates, a dynamic, marketing-leading service firm in Chicago is looking for a driven, conscientious Executive Assistant to join our team to provide day-to-day administrative support to our CEO and serve as Client Concierge. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to juggle multiple tasks with efficiency, meticulously managing internal and external requests in a timely manner. If you possess a high level of emotional intelligence and accountability and genuinely enjoy people, we’d love to hear from you.
Who we are: Jody Michael Associates (JMA)is a boutique coaching firm with two offices in Chicago, and coaches in Atlanta, New York, and San Francisco. We are a small but fast-paced, entrepreneurial company looking for a new team member to help support us as we continue to grow and help our clients achieve their greatest goals.
Our close-knit team is committed to excellence, and to providing unrivaled service to our clients.
What will you do?
- Interact with current and potential clients on a daily basis. Represent our brand with professionalism and poise, responding to verbal and written requests and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Partner with and take direction from our CEO to anticipate needs, plan ahead, and prepare client materials.
- Meticulously manage our CEO’s calendar; provide light support to other coaches as needed. Proactively monitor, update, and prioritize scheduling needs using strong judgement and decision-making skills.
- Provide on-site support for workshops and speaking engagements, including occasional weekends or evenings (with possible travel).
- Lead and manage communication with clients and corporate contacts (i.e. HR, CEOs, etc.) prior to, during, and after coaching engagements.
- Prepare printed materials, troubleshoot presentation issues, and produce reports on a weekly and monthly basis, and upon request.
- Take dictation and other notes and accurately enter data/information as appropriate. Maintain and/or improve on documentation; paper and electronic filing systems.
- Monitor office supplies and purchase as needed.
- Handle client billing and prepare receipts/statements.
- Make travel arrangements for CEO and other coaches.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and minimum 3 years of experience as an Executive Assistant or in a high-end hospitality role
- Outstanding customer service skills and high emotional intelligence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a quick learner/quick processor with the ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload; able to adjust to daily changes and deadlines with immediate turnaround
- High level of professionalism and the ability to work/stay calm under pressure
- Reliable and resourceful – must demonstrate creative problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail – extremely organized and superior time management skills.
- Use specific office management, CRM and Scheduling/Billing systems with ease (Hubspot, Mindbody, Webmail, Apple Mail, or similar), with minimal learning curve for new systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Mac programs (Pages & Keynote) and MS Office, including ease with functions such as Word styles and templates, Excel formulas, PowerPoint slide transitions, etc.
- Comfortable with new technology, apps, etc.
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume. In your cover letter, please address the following questions:
- Why are you interested in working for Jody Michael Associates?
- Why do you think this role would be a good fit for you?
- Describe a difficult work situation or project and how you overcame it.
Only Chicago-area candidates (north side) that have submitted their cover letter and resume will be considered.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
Jody Michael Associates (JMA) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, JMA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.